Pediatric Speech, Language and Feeding Therapy
Helping Children Achieve Their Potential
Sharon Lewis, SLP offers comprehensive pediatric speech, language, oral-motor, feeding and swallowing therapy designed to motivate and help children achieve their potential. Treatment is provided at your home or child’s preschool/daycare and is structured to meet your child’s unique learning style.
Sharon is dedicated to family support and education assuring that each child’s program reflects the needs of the entire family. The energy, spontaneity, and unique bonds between a child and therapist are very important to Sharon. She strives to provide each child with the skills he/she will need to overcome life’s challenges and enjoy the wonderful experiences of childhood.
Sharon’s approach is to create a warm environment and an enjoyable therapy experience for the child and family using a multisensory approach to learning. She provides education, training, and support to empower children and their caregivers to incorporate learned skills in everyday activities.
- Early intervention is crucial to the development of communication skills.
- Each child should be viewed individually and treated according to his/her unique learning style and communication needs.
- Therapy should be creative, goal-oriented, and fun.
- Innovative and creative therapy activities are designed to stimulate the child’s interests and strengths in order to address areas of weakness.
- Caregivers should be empowered and educated to reinforce therapeutic strategies throughout the child’s day.
- Maintain communication with parents and other professionals to effectively and safely provide comprehensive care for each child.
Therapy services are available to meet a variety of needs including, but not limited to:
- Early intervention (birth through age 3)
- Receptive and expressive language
- Childhood apraxia of speech
- Oral-motor skills
- Sensory-based feeding challenges
- Dysphagia (swallowing difficulties)
- Fluency (stuttering)
- Auditory processing
“I am forever grateful to Sharon for her knowledge, compassion and ability to relate so well to both parents and children. She connected with my son and made his speech sessions fun and enjoyable.”
“Sharon made great strides with my daughter in a short period of time. Her heart is truly in what she does, and my child always felt special and loved — and very motivated to come to speech.”
About Sharon Lewis
Sharon has over fifteen years of experience working with a variety of clientele ranging from medically fragile infants and children to adults with traumatic brain injury and stroke. She has worked in clinic, home, and hospital settings. Her professional experience and interests are primarily in early intervention, sensory-based feeding disorders, oral motor/swallowing, verbal apraxia, and autism spectrum disorders.
sharon earned both her Bachelor’s and Master’s of Science degrees in Speech-Language Pathology at Boston University. She has attained the Certification of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association, and is licensed by the California Speech-Language Hearing Association. She is also trained in PROMPT (a method used for individuals with speech production disorders).
Sharon serves the Tri-Valley area, from Pleasanton to Walnut Creek. Due to COVID-19 services are currently offered via teletherapy.
(408) 676-TALK (8255)
Please fill out this form to inquire about speech services.